Warning Signs of Problem Gambling
If your gambling seems to be getting out of control, check for these warning signs
- Do you find yourself reliving past gambling experiences, planning the next venture, or thinking of ways to get money to gamble?
- Do you need to gamble with increasing amounts of money in order to feel “a rush?”
- Do you become restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop gambling?
- Do you gamble as a way of escaping from problems or relieving guilt, anxiety or de-pression?
- Do you return another day in order to get even or chase your losses after gambling?
- Do you lie to family, friends, or others to conceal the extent of your gambling?
- Do you jeopardize or lose significant relationships, job or educational opportunities due to gambling?
- Do you rely on others to provide money to relieve a desperate financial situation caused by gambling?
- Do you try to cut back or stop gambling, but can’t?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, you may need to take a closer look at your gambling and consider reaching out for help.